The basic principles of responsible play
How to bet on sports responsibly on the official Parimatch website. The main symptoms of gambling addiction and how to limit users.
How can I gamble responsibly?
- Rather than being a means of obtaining money, consider gambling to be a form of entertainment;
- Just gamble with funds that you can afford to lose. You can use deposit limitations as a technique to manage your spending;
- Never attempt to recoup your losses as this could result in financial problems;
- Watch how much time you devote to playing. Use reality checks to keep track of how long you have been logged into your account;
- Gambling should be done in moderation with other activities. When gambling is your only source of enjoyment, you should take a moment to assess whether you are still having fun;
- Take regular breaks from gambling. You may lose perspective and sense of time if you gamble frequently;
- Gambling shouldn’t be done when you’re intoxicated, enraged, or depressed because these emotions can impair your judgment;
- Think about how much time and money you spend gaming. You can keep an eye on your activity in My Activity Zone;
- Understand real your chances of winning and the functioning of the gambling products;
- You should be aware that if you ever need to talk to someone about problematic gambling, you can contact any support group.
What is a gambling addiction?
Problematic (addictive) gambling occurs when a person gambles to the point where it adversely affects their ability to engage in family, personal, or recreational activities. Historically, the term “addictive gambler” has been used to describe someone who has wagered more money than they can comfortably afford.
Signs of gambling addiction
- Gambling beyond your time and financial means;
- Having trouble limiting or stopping your gaming;
- Arguing with relatives or friends about money and gaming;
- A decline in interest in ordinary activities, such as visiting family or friends;
- Constantly thinking about or talking about gambling;
- Lying or hiding your gambling from other people;
- Chasing losses or using gambling to get out of debt
- Gambling till one has lost all of their money;
- Borrowing money to fund your gambling, selling off assets, or avoiding payments on obligations;
- The situation when one must wager for a longer period of time or with more money in order to have the same amount of thrill or buzz;
- Neglecting responsibilities, such as those to one’s employment, education, family, or home, as a result of gambling;
- Feeling tense, worried, responsible, depressed, or annoyed.
Despite the fact that the vast majority of our customers placed wise bets, it nevertheless has the potential to be harmful for others, so we advise you to remain wise.
According to the Royal College of Psychiatrists, people who gamble excessively are more likely than other people to experience low self-esteem, stress-related issues, poor sleep and appetite, substance abuse, or depression.
Stay in Control with Parimatch
- Gambling Restrictions
When a customer registers, we ask them to select their gaming restrictions, such as their deposit limits, session limits, and maximum balance. You can modify these limitations whenever you wish by going to the gambling controls tab in your account on our website. Your current limit will be displayed in this area, along with instructions on how to change it by selecting a new time frame or amount of money to spend. Your deposit limitations, session limits, or maximum balance can be increased, but the new limit won’t become effective for 7 days. Reductions are immediately felt.
Also, you can use Gambling Controls to keep an eye on your actions, implement a Time-Out, Reality Check, or Self-Exclusion, and close your account.
- Deposit Limits
Our clients frequently use deposit limits as a strategy to manage their expenditure. Limitations can be set for 24, 7, or 30 day intervals and cannot be altered. To set a deposit limit, go to the Account Menu, Gambling Controls, and Deposit Limits. You can select the maximum quantity and duration there.
Your deposit limitations may be decreased at any time, and the modification will become effective immediately.
Before increasing your deposit limits, thoroughly consider your financial circumstances. Never decide to increase your limit because you have lost money and think you can make it up by playing more. We will not increase a restriction on you until you have waited seven days.
- Reality Check
To help you keep track of how much time you spend playing at Parimatch, you can set up a Reality Check alert on your account by going to the Account Menu, Gambling Controls, and choosing Reality Checks. Here, you must select the desired time period by clicking “Change.” A pop-up notice will notify you that you have been logged into your account for the allotted period of time when the time restriction is met (excludes poker game play).
Please keep in mind that if you change how frequently you receive notifications, the change will take effect right away; if you change how frequently you receive alerts, the change won’t take effect for 24 hours.
- Session Limits
One of our customers’ favorite tools for monitoring their gambling time is session limits. Limitations can be set for a given day, week, or month, and they are unchangeable. For each day, week, or month, you can set session limitations. You will be informed when the cap is reached and locked out until the timer restarts.
By selecting Session Limits from the Gambling Controls menu on the Account Menu, you can set a session restriction. Here, you can select and submit the restrictions for your preferred time period.
The session limit may be decreased at any moment. We will not increase a restriction on you until you have waited seven days.
- Maximum Balance
You can limit the total amount of money you can have on hand at any given time by setting a maximum balance on your account. If your balance exceeds your Maximum Balance for whatever reason, a withdrawal will be made right away for the excess amount once it has been established. You will receive a web message each time a withdrawal is completed that is within the parameters of your Maximum Balance.
Any changes you make to your Maximum Balance that lower it will take effect right away; changes that raise it will take effect seven days after your first request.
- Account Closure
Going to the Account Menu or the Gambling Controls will allow you to close your account. Here, you can include a duration, a time limit, and a justification for closure. If there is anything you’ve encountered at Parimatch that you’ve been unhappy with and would like to discuss, please get in contact with us.
If you want to stop playing because of a gambling issue, please consider self exclusion. If you wish to take a vacation from gambling, you can look at our Time-Out options.